2014 U.S. Outlook: Firing on all cylinders
In this “special edition” of my weekly U.S. Outlook, I forecast economic developments we’re likely to see in the coming year.
Below is a brief summary of my analysis, followed by a link to the full U.S. Outlook report, delivered on Dec. 13, 2013.Key observations:
- U.S. employers will create 2.6 million jobs from Q4 2013 to Q4 2014.
- There is a good chance the unemployment rate will hit 6.5% at the end of 2014.
- Wealth effect in 2013-14 is set to spur consumer spending.
- Household debt burden is at record lows.
- Fed could lower employment threshold to 6.0% on strong jobs growth.
Read the full 2014 U.S. Outlook report here.