U.S. Outlook: Industrial production is on a roll, but will it last?
A broad-based revival in industrial production at the end of 2013, and we look at various indicators of what this could mean for 2014.
- Q4 U.S. export growth rose at 10% annualized pace.
- Cold weather spurred Q4 U.S. industrial production.
- High manufacturing capacity utilization could drive 2014 construction and real estate spending.
- Consumer goods production is accelerating and broadening.
- 2014 U.S. industrial production could be best since 2010.
- Rate hikes and strong dollar shouldn’t derail U.S. industrial production revival.