U.S. Outlook: Spring recovery is already underway
Consumer spending has rebounded from the snow-bound declines of December and January, according to recent February data.
- Outlook appears robust for consumer spending in the months ahead.
- Jobs data signals U.S. labor market is picking up momentum in March.
- Concern is intensifying over emerging market slowdown.
- Russia-Ukraine woes create risk for economic contagion in other emerging markets.
- China remains a concern on trade data, credit growth, deflation, retail sales & industrial production.