U.S. Outlook: Factoring in a global downturn
Financial market volatility has returned with a vengeance. And many signs suggest it could be around for a while.
- Markets are clearly concerned about the growth and inflation outlook for Europe.
- The economic data out of Germany for August look downright recessionary.
- Fed rate hikes are likely pushed to late 2015 as Eurozone slumps.
- Strong dollar and weak oil prices will keep 2015 inflation far below Fed target.
- The real GDP growth outlook for the United States remains largely intact.