U.S. Outlook: The glass-half-full economy
Consumer confidence is soaring, despite financial volatility and a weak global economy.
In this week’s U.S. Outlook report, we slice and dice the latest GDP figures and discuss the implications for our growth and interest rate outlook in the months and quarters ahead.Key observations:
- The U.S. GDP is averaging a strong 4% in 4 of 5 most recent quarters.
- Holiday retail sales could be the strongest in years.
- The U.S. growth rate is approaching economy’s full potential.
- Q3 GDP signals U.S. manufacturers may be gaining global market share.
- U.S. GDP growth of 3.1% in 2015 looks likely.