All Posts Tagged: cash
The holiday season is rapidly approaching, which likely means that trips to the mall and online shopping are on your to-do list. But have you really taken into account the large amount of money you may be spending on festive occasions? It is easy to overlook.
1. Start saving early. Consider opening a savings account that you can deposit money into all year. As the holidays approach, feel free to withdraw money from the account to make your holiday purchases.
2. Create a budget. Putting a price on your niece or nephew can seem daunting, but what’s more daunting is the idea of having to pay off your debt long after the holiday season. Budget a certain amount of money per person to avoid overspending. You’ll thank yourself in the long run.
3. Get a head start on shopping. Many retailers offer great sales and promotions long before the holiday season. So take advantage and complete some—if not all—of your holiday shopping long before the mad rush.
4. Use your credit card points or cash rewards. It may be wise to cash in some credit card points or cash rewards from your credit card during the holiday season. You will essentially be able to “shop for free,” and your bank account won’t take a hit.
5. Try Secret Santa. If you have a big family, it may be challenging to purchase gifts for everyone. By participating in Secret Santa, you can eliminate the expense and hassle of shopping for multiple people and only focus on one.
6. Be thoughtful. Oftentimes the best gifts don’t carry a heavy price tag. For instance, creating a scrapbook may take a little more effort, but it’s certainly more thoughtful and creative. These kinds of gifts are often less expensive, too.
7. Know when to stop. Once you’ve completed your shopping list, it’s time to stop. Avoid browsing online and stepping into the mall “just to see what they have.”
Happy holidays and happy shopping!
Read More ›
Make sure you are budgeting for all the essentials before treating yourself to luxuries – living in the U.S. can be expensive.Read More ›
Their insights may give us all some useful guidance for helping future generations to learn.Read More ›
Miles and points are currency, as they can be used for many real-world transactions such as flights, shopping, gift cards, and even cash.Read More ›
Here are a few tips to help safeguard yourself and reap the monetary benefits of that thorough clean-out.Read More ›