All Posts Tagged: selling a home
Numbers count. They matter to bankers and to prospective homebuyers, sellers, and real estate professionals. Here’s my take on the key numbers on the housing market this week.The numbers: Real estate professionals surveyed by real estate media company Inman said their industry’s biggest challenge is “low-quality agents.” Respondents were concerned that a decline in public perception is raising concerns about the value real estate agents and brokers provide in the home buying process, according to a report published Aug. 13 (see report highlights here). Seventy-seven percent of respondents listed “low-quality agents” as a challenge for the industry, followed by “Multiple Listing Services that don’t adapt to broker and market needs,” and “a broken overall consumer real estate experience.”
What counts: Given how important a home purchase or sale is, we all hope we’ve picked the right person to help us through the process. As a potential buyer you want an agent who will work hard to find the right home for you and guide you through the process of making an offer, negotiating with a seller and closing on a transaction. Ask a prospective agent a lot of questions (real estate site Redfin has 15 questions to consider asking).
For example, you may want to ask:
- How many homes has the agent found for buyers in the past year?
- How will the agent communicate with you?
- Who else in the agent’s office will be working on your behalf?
- Can you speak to references?
Similarly, choosing a listing agent to sell your home is a big deal since you want to get the best price and ensure a deal closes as planned. Realtor.com provided some useful tips in an article last year, including questions to ask an agent such as:
- How many sales did you complete last year?
- In what price range do you sell most of your homes?
- What is your marketing plan for my home? How many websites will include information about my home? Where will you look for buyers?
Does your zodiac sign have a relation to your preferred housing situation?Read More ›